Looking for a fresh start this new year? Studies have shown that exercise releases endorphins into the body, which reduce the feeling of pain and stress.
If you are looking for an affordable exercise plan which can be completed outdoors follow the steps below. This exercise plan is perfect for beginners and will get your whole body moving.
Target Areas: Inner Thighs, Quads, Calves, Glutes
- Stand on flat ground with your feet together.
- Begin to Bend your knees and hop to the right-hand
- Do the same again without returning left foot to the ground.
- Carry on by completing 20 hops on each side of your body.
Target Areas: Triceps, Shoulders, Core
- Sit down on a park bench with your hands placed on either side of your hips.
- Begin to slide your body towards the edge of the bench, supporting yourself with your hands.
- Once you are in position, bend your elbows so that your arms are parallel to ground and then return to the starting position.
- Do this for 15 reps.
Target Areas: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Core
- Start by facing the bench. Once you are in position place your hands on the seat and position your body with your feet out and legs fully extended.
- Use the bench to aid your push ups, doing this 12 times.
Target Areas: Calves, Quads, Core
- Find a curb or broken tree trunk that has a smooth surface which measures 6 feet long.
- As you can imagine, raise your arms out to either side and walk along it balancing as it is a tightrope. Repeat this step by walking in opposite direction.
- Do this for just 3 minutes.
Target Areas: Glutes, Inner and Outer Thighs, Quads
- Begin this exercise with your feet hip-distance apart. Keep your elbows bent with fists near ribs.
- Once you are in position move your body three LARGE steps to your right. While you are doing this slide your left foot towards your right one.
- Bend your knees and jump up, turning to face the opposite direction.
- Repeat, shuffling to your left.
- Continue alternating sides for 1 minute.
Target Areas: Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes
- Find set steps within a park and use left foot to step on it while you lift your right leg directly behind you.
- Return to your position and repeat on opposite side.
- The next step in this move is for you to complete the same again with your legs diagonally behind. Do this for both legs, switching and repeating.
- Next, begin this move and then kick your foot out to side; switching and repeating.
- Do this 26 times.
30 Minute Run
Target Areas: Full Body Workout
Finish up your exercise by going for a light jog. Running is a great way to burn calories. If you are feeling super energetic, running at 8 mph can burn more than 1,000 calories per hour.
There are lots of ways you can get fit outdoors, why not try something new like parkour? This sport mixes running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, rolling, quadrupedal movement, and other movements as deemed most suitable for the situation.